Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Yesterday at FLEFF

At 4pm on Monday, I went to the FLEFF gaming meme session with Ulises Mejias, Lisa Patti, and Claudia Pederson. Mr. Mejias is a brilliant man, and knew so much about the use of games for social change. It's amazing how related the session materials are to a course I am taking this semester - Serious Games (CMD-20300) with Dennis Charsky. We even discussed a lot of the same games as we have in class!

You can find a list of most of the games we discussed online at the FLEFF website.


Prof. Patty Zimmermann introduces the forum speakers. I have no idea how that woman gets so much energy - she's ALWAYS doing something!


Ulises Mejias gives expert input into the world of gaming for social change.

At night, I went to the opening of Memescapes. WOW is just about the only word I have for it - interesting archival footage paired with awesome live music.

Photo of the band at Memescapes. I apologize for the qualities for I am neither a professional photographer nor have I ever taken a photography course. I'm an Integrated Marketing Communications student with a point-and-shoot camera.

Going along with the more traditional definition of environment, yesterday was completely gorgeous - even though a thunderstorm developed during Memescapes.

Ah, Ithaca in the springtime.


- Jeff Tatanus '10
FLEFF Intern
"JEFF@FLEFF"

No comments: