Monday, March 26, 2007

Memescapes Tonight!

I was FLEFFing last night.

Doesn’t it sort of evoke an image of a body writhing around on the floor in convulsions? It kinda sounds like a new dance move too. But last night I wasn’t writhing and I wasn’t dancing. I was witnessing a special sneak preview of tonight’s MEMESCAPES PERFORMANCE.

The result of a tremendous collaborative effort, the performance demonstrates the liberation of working with mixed media for artistic expression. The combination of live music, archival film and a spoken performance resonates in a startling gonna-stay-with-you kind of way (I know, because I can’t get it out of my mind!). This is certainly not something to be missed. And if you are still wondering what makes FLEFF “environmental” that is another reason to check this out. If this performance doesn’t challenge you to redefine what is considered “the environment” I don’t know what will. The excitement begins at 8 pm in Park Auditorium followed by reception and refreshments.

It’s FREE!

-Cara
FLEFF Intern

No comments: